15 Reasons Everyone Must Own A Gun
Signal Mountain, TN – -(Ammoland.com)-
1. Your right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed in the Constitution and Bill of Rights of the United States of America. “Use it or lose it.”
2. George Washington said: “Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence…”
3. Bearing arms is the Christian thing to do. Jesus said: “If you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one…” (Luke 22:36 NIV)
4. Enjoying guns is not a strange weird thing, as some anti-gun people insist. People have been hunting with long guns for centuries. Shooting is an internationally recognized Olympic sport.
5. People without guns are assaulted or murdered daily by criminals who have guns. Having a gun makes you better able to defend your family.
6. If gun ownership is made illegal, criminals won’t turn in their guns. Gun control makes easy prey out of law-abiding citizens.
7. We are grateful for the police officers of our communities. However, the police can’t come to help you until AFTER a crime has been committed. Having a gun may enable you to stay alive long enough to call for help from the police.
8. American courts regularly return violent criminals to the streets to do their crimes again.
9. Guns in the home are safe, when gun owners keep guns responsibly. More children die every year in swimming pool accidents than in gun accidents.
10. It is a fact that armed American men and women prevent two million crimes every year with their guns.
11. Self-defense is more honorable and better for society than being a victim. It is up to YOU to act responsibly for your own safety, and the safety of your family.
12. It is a fact that cities which impose strict gun control create the highest assault and murder rates in America.
13. It is a fact that most gun crimes in America involve gangsters shooting other gangsters. The average gun owner never uses his or her gun to commit a crime.
14. Most states issue permits to carry concealed handguns. Men and women who get permits take gun safety classes, and have extensive criminal background checks. These people make everyone a little safer, wherever they may be.
15. The “War on Terror” is likely to be a long war. People who own guns, and who are trained to use guns responsibly, are better able to serve their country than people who are ignorant about guns.
Eleven Excuses for NOT Owning A Gun
- I’m too busy to take the time to learn how to handle a gun safely.
- I believe that all guns are evil, even in the hands of the police and soldiers.
- I would rather let a criminal kill me or my family than try to stop him with a gun.
- I believe it was wrong for America’s founding fathers to use guns to overthrow the rule of the British. We should have stayed a colony.
- I believe it was wrong for American soldiers to use guns to rescue innocent men and women from the Nazi death camps.
- I believe that I will never need a gun to defend myself or my family, because the police will be constantly watching over me to make sure that I will never be in danger.
- I trust our courts to keep violent criminals off the streets. It’s not possible that I will ever be attacked by a criminal.
- If our government decides to make all gun owners register every gun they have, and then decides to confiscate all privately owned guns, I still don’t think we have anything to worry about. I know other countries have become dictatorships, but that could never happen in America.
- I don’t know much about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and I don’t have any desire to learn more. I’ve heard that the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right of Americans to keep and bear arms, but I really don’t care.
- Quite a few criminals have used guns, therefore the government should take guns away from all the good people who don’t commit crimes.
- I don’t care if my children will grow up in a free America. Things are pretty good for ME right now, and that’s all I care about.
THINK ABOUT THIS…