From Wikileaks: Clinton’s Million Dollar Speeches
Original Wikileaks cable found here (speeches are attachments): https://wikileaks.com/podesta-emails/emailid/11011
Download the full speech here: 10292013-gs-3
Clinton is introduced and the conversation immediately moves towards the geopolitical climate of the world. Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs, asks Clinton to reveal the intentions, positions and focus of the US government worldwide. Clinton gladly gives the goods, but this time for a higher price than Bill (they joke about it).
- BLANKFEIN: Now, when I say I want no introduction, I’m really only kidding because I want a real introduction and long.
SECRETARY CLINTON: I was waiting for it.
- BLANKFEIN: Well, I’ll tell you, I’m more interested in the future. So, anyway, why don’t we just start.
If you don’t mind, can we start with a little bit of a tour of the world and say, you know, if you were — if you were — let’s take a hypothetical. Let’s say you were Secretary of State.
- BLANKFEIN: What would you be focused on? What would you be focused on today? And tell a little bit about how your priorities would be and how you would deal with some of it now.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, gee, I’ll just have to cast my mind back.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, first, thanks for having me here and giving me a chance to know a little bit more about the builders and the innovators who you’ve gathered. Some of you might have been here last year, and my husband was, I guess, in this very same position. And he came back and was just thrilled by —
- BLANKFEIN: He increased our budget.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Did he?
- BLANKFEIN: Yes. That’s why we —
SECRETARY CLINTON: Good. I think he — I think he encouraged you to grow it a little, too.
Read The 3 “Million Dollar Speeches” Below
Here is the transcript from Clinton’s appearance at a Goldman event on October 24, 2013 in New York:
Here is the transcript from Clinton’s appearance at a Goldman event on October 29, 2013 in Arizona: