Man Responsible for Paris May Have Escaped Raid


By Lestado Codicus | November 18, 2015

The alleged Mastermind of the Paris Terror Attacks is Currently Under Siege by French Police

The siege in France is over.

Abdelhamid Abaaoud was suspected to be in charge of a standoff with French Police and was said to be accompanied by 5 other heavily armed men. They are taking cover in an apartment in a suburb North of Paris.

Residents of Saint-Denis were wakened by explosions and an hour long flurry of bullets between suspected terror mastermind Abdelhamid Abaaoud’s group and the Police. There was a large operation being held in an effort to get these terrorists out of the hole they were hiding in. Many residents have been ushered to safety by Police. The standoff started before dawn and lasted for hours.

In the end 1 terrorist has blown herself up. 1 Terrorist was shot… 4 Police officers have been injured and 7 people have been arrested. The whereabouts of Abdelhamid Abaaoud is currently unknown. French Police are still trying to determine the identity of the people who were inside the apartment that was raided.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Live Feed of Situation

Videos of other reports

Updates from Associated Press:

PARIS (AP) — The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local):

9:30 a.m.

A police official says that one person is still holed up in an apartment north of Paris after an hours-long standoff with police in which 2 have been killed and 5 arrested.

The official, not authorized to be publicly named according to police rules, said the standoff is still going on after some 5 hours.

The person’s identity has not been released. Authorities say the operation is targeting the mastermind of last week’s Paris attacks that killed at least 129 people.

— By Philippe Sotto

9:20 a.m.

Denmark’s National Police say it has raised its internal alert level, adding the Scandinavian country’s intelligence agency’s overall terror threat assessment has not been changed and remains “serious.”

Police says the reason for stepping up the alertness to “significant elevated preparedness” is “a result of the current uncertain situation in several European countries.”

In Wednesday’s statement, the police said the change is only internal, and citizens will not notice any changes.

In February, a lone gunman attacked a free speech event and a synagogue that left two people dead and wounded five in Copenhagen. The shooter Omar Abdel Hamid El-Hussein was killed in a shootout with a SWAT team.


9 a.m.

The Paris prosecutor’s office says that SWAT teams have arrested three people in an apartment where police are in a standoff with suspects in last week’s Paris attacks.

In a statement, the prosecutor’s office says that the three haven’t been identified yet.

Another man and woman were detained near the apartment, the statement says. It says the standoff is ongoing.

Two people have been killed in the standoff, including a woman suicide bomber who blew herself up, the prosecutor said.


8:40 a.m.

A French police official says a woman wearing an explosive suicide vest has blown herself up in a standoff between police and suspects in last week’s Paris attacks.

The official said she is among two people killed in the ongoing standoff in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis. The official, not authorized to be publicly named because of police rules, said four police officers have been injured. No hostages are being held.

Police have said the operation Wednesday is targeting the suspected orchestrator of last week’s attacks, holed up in an apartment in Saint-Denis with other armed people.

—By Jamey Keaten

7:55 a.m.

A senior French police official says a large police operation north of Paris is targeting the suspected mastermind of last week’s attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud.

The official says authorities believe Abaaoud is holed up in an apartment in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis, along with up to five other heavily armed people.

The official, who was not authorized to be publicly named according to police rules but is informed routinely about the operation, says that scores of police who stormed the building early Wednesday were met with unexpectedly violent resistance. Reinforcements were summoned and several people were injured.


7:45 a.m.

Authorities in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis have evacuated about 20 residents from a building where suspects linked to the Paris attacks are holed up in a standoff with police.

A city official not authorized to be publicly named told The Associated Press the residents were brought to city hall for protection. City hall is about 200 meters (yards) from the apartment building where the standoff is taking place on rue du Cornillon, in the heart of the historic, multicultural town just north of Paris.

The site is less than 2 kilometers (about a mile) from the Stade de France national stadium. Three suicide bombers blew themselves up Friday near the stadium during an international soccer match with French President Francois Hollande in attendance.

Saint-Denis is one of France’s most historic places. French kings were crowned and buried through the centuries in its famed basilica. Today it is home to a vibrant and very ethnically diverse population and sees sporadic tension between police and violent youths.


7:35 a.m.

At least seven explosions have been heard at the scene of a police standoff with suspects in last week’s deadly Paris attacks.

Associated Press reporters at the scene could hear what sounded like grenade blasts from the direction of the standoff in the heart of the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis.

The source of the blasts is unclear. Police say several people are holed up in an apartment and several police have been injured in an operation that has lasted at least three hours on Wednesday morning.


7:20 a.m.

A resident of the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis describes intense gunfire and explosions during a police operation near the site of one of last week’s deadly attacks.

Baptiste Marie, a 26-year-old independent journalist who lives near the scene of the standoff, tells The Associated Press: “It started with an explosion. Then there was second big explosion. Then two more explosions. There was an hour of gunfire.”

Resident Amin Guizani, 21, says: “There were grenades. It was going, stopping. Kalashnikovs. Starting again.”

Riot police were clearing the streets early Wednesday, pointing guns at curious residents to move them off the roads.

Marie said the officers seemed nervous.

“You could see it in their eyes, ” Marie said.


6:55 a.m.

Police say anti-terrorist officers are raiding an apartment in a north Paris suburb where several men are holed up.

The Paris police department says officers have exchanged gunfire with the suspects and several police have been injured. The extent of their injuries is unknown.

It’s unclear whether there are injuries among the suspects.

Police reinforcements are arriving at the scene in Saint-Denis.


6:27 a.m.

Police vans and fire trucks are rushing to the scene of a SWAT team operation in the Paris suburb of Saint Denis that is linked to the deadly Paris attacks.

A helicopter is flying overhead at dawn Wednesday.

French television BFM and i-Tele say that the suspects are inside an apartment building.

Police have cordoned off the area nearby, including a pedestrian zone lined with shops and 19th-century apartment buildings.

Neighborhood resident Fabien Crombe said on BFM television that gunshots have repeatedly broken out since the police operation began, punctuated by silence and the sound of sirens.

Saint-Denis Mayor Didier Paillard said transport has been stopped and schools in the center of town will not open Wednesday.


6:15 a.m.

Authorities in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis are telling residents to stay inside during a large police operation near France’s national stadium that two officials say is linked to last week’s deadly attacks.

Deputy Mayor Stephane Peu told i-Tele television that there have been many gun shots and detonations in the operation that began at 4:25 a.m. (0325 GMT) Wednesday on rue de la Republique in the center of Saint-Denis.

The site is less than two kilometers (1.2 miles) from the Stade de France, targeted by three suicide bombers during Friday’s attacks.

He urged residents to stay home, saying “it is not a new attack but a police intervention.”

Two officials say police operation now under way is connected to the investigation into Friday’s attacks that killed 129 people.


When you want to read more about ISIS:

[display-posts category=”ISIS”]


Always remember to SHARE important information! We can change the world.